Thursday, November 15, 2012

Because of Low

Title: Because of Low
Author: Abbi Glines
My Rating: didn't like it it was ok liked it (my current rating) really liked it it was amazing


Let it be known. I wish I had a best friend like Cage. That being said, I can continue on.

I am starting to find I really enjoy Abbi Glines. So much that I think she should right a story based off my life, it would be totally fiction because nothing fun happens to me. 

The thing I enjoyed most about this book isn't the relationship between Low and Marcus. There relationship was expected. Boy meets girl, boy isn't suppose to like girl, so of course boy NEEDS girl, boy gets girl, boy f**ks up, boy apologize, girl plays hard to get, boy gets forgiven, boy gets and keeps girl. Basic story line for contemporary novels. 

Low and Cage have the type of friendship that is unbreakable. They would not be who they are without each other. He is the Yin to her Yang and all that jazz. They sleep in the same bed but don't sleep together. He protects her and keeps her strong. She makes him self aware of his faults. I am a Cage groupie, but I am not blind. He might be selective but I must admit. CAGE IS A HOE.  There relationship is complex, so might think that she enables him, and he puts her on the back burner. He doesn't. Cage needs Low, he needs to know that she is there and won't judge him. He needs to have an anchor, someone safe. I refuse to believe he isn't aware she will NEVER marry him. So there is no way for him to worry about her falling in love with him. Cage is scared. Lo is like his night light in the dark. 

I enjoyed this read. Abbi Glines Through in the little twist with Low's sister and Marcus's dad, but I saw that coming as soon as we meet Low's niece. 

No comments:

Post a Comment