Friday, August 17, 2012

Friday Night Review

The Vincent Boys
Abbi Glines




When I choose this book to read I didn't have high hopes. All the reviews I had read had been not so generous in praise. I like to think I give everything a fair shot. It's the little things in life that take us by surprise. I admit the story line has been used time and time again. Love triangle. 

Now I like I said I did NOT have high hopes for this one, but I was surprised. It wasn't a book that I would put in my Top Ten, but it wasn't horrid. I enjoyed it. The characters are relate able. Ashton was admirable in the fact that she was willing to walk away from both of Sawyer and Beau. That's how much she loves them both. I felt Glines did a good job showing the conflict in loving someone verses being in love with someone. 

The thing I enjoyed the most about Glines writing is, I DON'T HAVE TO WAIT! I hate the snail pace build up that most authors take to get into the story. I fully understand that background is needed to be laid so that we understand the characters. We get to know Ashton and Beau's history through them. How they interact with each other. Things they say. We get to know Sawyer, through them as well. He doesn't actually make a appearance in the story until the end, but the characters are so conflicted with what they know is wrong and what feels right, that they expose us to the type of person Sawyer is. 

I admit I have a crush on Beau. He is masculine in everything he does. The silent suffering he has gone through while his cousin, who is basically his brother, dates the only women he has ever loved. I just want to pull him in my arms and hold him. I a sucker for a sad story. 
 
Over all it was an enjoyable quick read. I would recommend it, for a day at home with nothing to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment